Welcome!

We hope you enjoy all things about the Ogilvie boys (and maybe a little about the rest of the family too).

Monday, August 11, 2008

Baby Evan Has Arrived!

Well, it turns out that Baby Evan arrived early. I was scheduled to have the external version procedure for Tuesday, August 5 in the morning. When we arrived to the hospital, they hooked me up to a fetal and mommy monitor and apparently I was having contractions! I didn't feel a thing! The doctor examined me and I was already 3 centimeters dialated. We decided to try the external version anyway to see if he would turn at the last minute. Baby Evan was stubborn and wouldn't budge an inch. They continued to montior me to see if my contractions would slow down or stop - you guessed it - they didn't. Long story short - Baby Evan was delivered by C-section at 12:24 pm weighing 7 pounds exactly and measuring 18 inches long.

We decided to name him Evan after trying a couple other names. It was funny that it turned out to be the name with the most votes, but I swear we weren't going by the votes! He really is an Evan!

I will continue to post little stories of Evan's life on this blog. If you want to see more pictures, we will be posting them at: http://picasaweb.google.com/jeogilvieandaaogilviepics. So far we have learned the following:
1) Evan likes to tag everyone - except his parents! He apparently wee-wee'd on the doctor as soon as he was pulled out of the womb. He pee'd on one of the nurses who was changing him. He pee'd on my mom and sister, who were tag teaming a changing that I wish I had on video it was so hilarious! He has yet to tag mommy or daddy, maybe he is being nice.
2) So far the record time for dirtying a clean diper is about 10 seconds. As soon as Aaron had changed one, Evan immediately soiled the next one with a little cry that said, HA!
3) Aaron is a total natural at parenting (It makes just that much more in love with him!) He is better at soothing, swadling, and changing Evan than I am. At least I have the breasts, so I feel like I am accomplishing something!
4) Evan either does not like chocolate or milk. After eating a large piece of chocolate cake and having a large glass of milk, I fed Evan and then he was totally awake and fussy for several hours after that. Pretty amazing how what I eat affects him so much!
5) Overall, Evan is a total and complete angel. Other than a couple fussy incidents (that actually weren' that bad), he is a totally mellow buddah baby. We are so in love and so lucky! We are in baby bliss!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww. I'm so sorry we couldn't make it this weekend, but at least Drew is back to normal now. Good for Aaron falling right into the dad's club, but I don't think there was ever any doubt. :)

Amy said...

Caffeine!!! I can't remember who, I think it was either Christy or Dana who told me their little girl had similar reactions when they'd nurse after having eaten chocolate. They did say it got better, later, as they timed things a little better and the baby could go longer between feeding. So it might not be milk!